Come build the future with us.
TAZI is a venture capital-backed company with headquarters in San Francisco. We are a fast-growing AI company with Machine Learning solutions in the insurance, finance, FMCG and online retail space. Our co-founders have over 60 years of combined software and machine learning experience in leading institutions such as Bell Labs, CISCO, Siemens, MIT, Caltech, and UCLA. Our team members come from leading US, Europe and Turkish universities and institutions. We believe in responsible AI. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. At TAZI we are building the future of business today. Will you join us?
We are looking for a Backend Development Engineer to support the development of server components of our platform. The Tazi AutoML platform is the reference in continuous machine learning globally. The backend engineer will work closely with our CTO and Tazi.ai’s strong development team. You will have extensive responsibility in helping us build functional systems that improve customer experience.
The Backend Development Engineer's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, building connectors to different data storage technologies, implementing efficient data transformation algorithms, and implementing secure communication channels between platform components. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are familiar with Scala, Akka, Play, or tools like Git, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be responsible to develop components that will enable fast, accurate, and secure operational processes.
Primary Accountabilities, Responsibilities Develop new features and functionality
• Refactor existing code when needed
• Develop new features and functionality
• Provide Level 2 technical support
• Perform root cause analysis of production errors
• Resolve technical issues
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies and Experience
• Work experience as a software engineering role
• Good knowledge of Scala, Akka, Play
• Familiarity with DevOps practices and tools (GitLab ci/cd, terraform, docker etc.)
• Experience with (micro) services architectures
• Experience with Kafka, RDBMS Systems and Elasticsearch
• Working knowledge of databases and SQL
• Problem-solving attitude
• Team spirit
• Ability to work in a high-paced, energetic, and entrepreneurial environment
• Intellectual curiosity
• Ability to work with deadlines
• BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
What's in it for you?
• Stock options incentive plan
• Private health insurance plan
• Annual training budget allocated to certifications linked to software engineering, data science, and machine learning
• Employee referral bonus scheme
• Online jam sessions
If you are interested in working at the cutting edge of Machine Learning and shaping the future of businesses today, please apply via the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org